Mayville Pet Parlour and Grooming
Mayville Pet Parlour opened its doors in 2000. We specialise in breed styles as well as cats and large dogs. The parlour is right behind the clinic and is monitored with CCTV from the clinic.
Our team of groomers are led by Fikele Hlope. She has 15 years experience of pet grooming. She is skilled, professional and passionate about her job. Every dog that leaves the parlour must have the Fikele seal of approval. We take pride in our parlour and give special attention to all pets entering the parlour.
We want all pets to have a stress free experience. Sometimes it might mean that the veterinarian suggest a sedative for your pet. Maybe due to a heart condition, or the extremely young, or your pet might have had a bad experience at another parlour.
Our services include:
- A warm bath
- Blow dry
- Tidy and trimming according to your wishes
- Summer cut or winter cut according to your needs
- Breed speciﬁc styles
- Nail clipping
- Ear cleaning
At an extra cost and done by the veterinarian only, the following can be done:
- Deep cleaning of ears
- Expression of anal glands
- Giving a sedative according to the pet’s need
We don’t just handle the typical parlour pets, we also groom and shave cats, handle large breed dogs and even aggressive dogs
The advantages of pet grooming:
- In general, if a pet is clean and comfortable it will be happy, and the owner will be happy.
- Long hair that is not combed or washed regularly, leads to many health and comfort problems. Hair that hangs in the eyes, obstructs vision
- Long hair can also lead to matting, and this can cause skin issues and sores, not to speak of heat management issues
- Long nails that are not trimmed, can cause a pet’s toes to bend over and lead to walking problems. Dew claws are not usually in contact with the ground and they may grow into the paws and cause painful infections
- Fleas, ticks and mites are common parasites on dogs and cats, and regular washing with the correct shampoo as well as topical treatment, can lead to healthier pets due to preventative care